Facebook Twitter OCS TV Instagram
Requests for Reassignment/ Student Enrollment/ Moves

Student Enrollment Requirements

IMPORTANT - A recent change in North Carolina law requires that, beginning with the 2016-2017 school year, any student registering in North Carolina Public Schools for the first time is required to submit a health assessment, regardless of grade.  appropriate form is included below.


Which form is right for me?

  • Out-of-District Application - Parents - Parents or court-appointed guardians who wish to apply for assignment to a school outside of their regular attendance area.
  • Out-of-District Application - OCS Employees - Full-time Onslow County Schools' employees who wish to enroll their child(ren) in the school or district where they work (Board Policy 4150).
  • Out-of-County Application - Anyone (employee or not) who is not currently domiciled in Onslow County, but wishes for their children to attend an Onslow County school.  This includes those living on base but wishing to attend school off-base.




The following schools are projected to be at or above capacity for the 2017-2018 school year. New out-of-district transfer requests to these schools cannot be considered:

 Elementary Schools at or above capacity:

  • Carolina Forest Elementary
  • Dixon Elementary
  • Hunters Creek Elementary
  • Richlands Primary
  • Richlands Elementary
  • Southwest Elementary 
  • Stateside Elementary

 Middle Schools at or above capacity:

  • Dixon Middle
  • Jacksonville Commons Middle

 High Schools at or above capacity:

  • There are currently no high schools at capacity.


Additional Forms




2018-2019 Controlled Enrollment Forms



2017-2018 Out-of-District & Out-of-County Requests


2017-2018 Waterfall Housing


Footer Address

Our website is in the process of being updated to ensure compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. In the interim website accessibility concerns may be brought to the attention of Jeff Pittman, Chief Technology Officer.

The school system retains control over what links will be placed on system-related websites; however, the linked sites themselves are not under the control
of the school system, its agents or its employees. The school system is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site,
or any changes or updates to such sites. The school system provides links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsment
of the site by the school system. The school system reserves the right to remove or restrict any links.